Pages in this section
Chew Valley School News
- Y9 DNA Performance
- Y7 - Midsummer Night's Dream
- Chew Valley students reach national final in bid to help F1 drivers beat the competition
- Using art to explore religion and the media
- Gromit is unleashed!
- Katy rides for England
Chew Valley School has been a Performing Arts Specialist School since 2003. We try to develop our community relationships by offering children and members of the wider community an opportunity to work with us, or simply use our facilities.
Projects to date include:
- Project work with our eleven Partner Schools, Bishop Sutton, Broadlands, Cameley, Chew Magna, Chew Stoke,Dundry, East Harptree, St Katherine’s, Pensford Primary, Stanton Drew, Ubley and Winford.
- Weekly community dance sessions for these partner schools
- KS2 Youth Theatre - For Yr 6 pupils looking to gain confidence before making the transition into secondary education
- Adult evening courses in partnership with Norton Radstock College
- An adult singing group – Better than Chocolate
- A music project at Stanton Drew nursing home
- An annual Dance Festival combining primary, secondary and professional dancers.