Pages in this section
Chew Valley School News
- Year 7 Reading Challenge - update!
- Competition Choir Auditions
- Parents' Survey 2013
- Chew Valley Students Judge Book Awards
- Stonewall celebrate our work on diversity
- A Gromit for Chew Valley School
Careers advice and work experience
Careers advice and work experience are co-ordinated by our Head of Careers, Mr Nick Hammett.
Careers education is a feature of the P.S.H.E. curriculum from Year 9 onwards. The school works closely with the Connexions careers officers in helping pupils to prepare for leaving school and moving into their chosen career or higher education course.
Work experience is an important part of the curriculum and all pupils have opportunities in Key Stages 4 and 5, to extend their knowledge and understanding of the work place. Year 10 students undertake a one week work experience placement in June each year.